When temperatures creep slowly down the thermometer, our thoughts are increasingly turning toward the most wonderful season of all…no, not the cold one. We’re talking hot chocolate, pumpkin spice, leaves changing colors, crisp air, hearty soups, and Halloween! What’s not to love about this season?
With Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to turn our attention to things that go bump in the night! Storytellers will gather in Knoxville, Tennessee, on the first Saturday in October to spin their bloodcurdling tales at the Appalachian HorrorFest. Are you a storyteller? Do you have a chilling ghost tale you think would horrify our audience? Auditions are open. Secure your spot now!
Please note that Appalachian HorrorFest is a paid event for storytellers performing at the live event. There are no costs involved in making your submission to the Appalachian HorrorFest.
- All submissions must be received before 6:00 PM, September 29, 2023.
- Storytellers must be 18 or older before the performance event date and be eligible to work in the United States.
- Storytellers must submit a script and audition video of themselves performing the submission. Submissions are to be 8-10 minutes in length. Longer is acceptable; however, short is not.
- Storytellers must submit a video of their performance by web link. If the storyteller cannot access a video web link, the committee will schedule a virtual audition via the Zoom Platform.
- By submitting a video, contestants acknowledge that they individually have the legal rights to the content within their submissions and acknowledge full and sole responsibility for any violation of national or international copyright laws.
- Storytellers MUST be able to perform live at the annual Appalachian HorrorFest. If your submission is accepted, a representative from Small Raven Media will contact you to discuss the compensation packages.
- If selected for the show, Storytellers must provide a written introduction for the MC to use when developing their personalized introductions.
- No hate messages
- Profanity is allowed but must be integral to a character or story’s content
- May involve the audience, voluntary participation
- Length appropriate but not more than 15 minutes, with 8 to 10 being the customary range
- No poetry unless contained within the main storyline
By submitting your audition video and script to Appalachian HorrorFest for review, you represent and warrant that you have full legal right and authority to submit the story for consideration by the selection committee and that all necessary consents, licensing, and approvals have been obtained. You agree to hold Appalachian HorrorFest and its sponsors harmless in any and all matters pertaining to the consents, licenses, and approvals of the story. You understand that your submission is in no way a guarantee of acceptance into the Appalachian HorrorFest performance event. You acknowledge that no one from Appalachian HorrorFest or its sponsors has guaranteed you acceptance into the festival’s performance event. Should you be accepted, you grant Appalachian HorrorFest the right to use any footage from the performance event, all submitted publicity photos, and any other materials pertaining to this entry for Appalachian HorrorFest promotional purposes without limitations.